Learning objectives(s) that this lesson is contributing to
5.W4 write with support a sequence of extended sentences in a paragraph to give basic personal information
5.W6 link, with some support, sentences into coherent paragraphs using basic connectors on a limited range of familiar general topics
5.W8 spell most high-frequency words accurately for a limited range of general topics
All learners will be able to:
- Write a short paragraph about their elbow partners.
- Read and retell a piece of text
Participate in a role play as a journalist
Most learners will be able to:
- Create 1-2 extended sentences writing about their elbow partners
- Remember the information from the text about the Kazakh national sports
Participate in a role play in 2 different roles: as a celebrity and as a journalist
Some learners will be able to:
- write an extended paragraph about their elbow partners
- spell topic-related words correctly
build up a lively dialogue participating in a role play in 2 different roles: as a celebrity and as a journalist
The aims of the lesson
To develop reading and speaking skills using text about sports, to reveal the meaning of sport using association card, to teach pupils to express their opinions
The motion of the lesson
- Organization moment
Teacher: The most important thing is not to win but to take part. What association do you have for the word “Sport”?
Strong discipline health
Do you like sport?
What kind of sport do you like? What famous sportsmen do you know in our country?
Text: “Sport in Kazakhstan” and translate into Russian. Then ask questions each other .
V-I know it + new information
?- I want to know
V- Many sports ate popular in Kazakhstan
+- For many people sport is the main form of entertainment
?- I want to know the sportsman who have won a great number of world records in wrestling, athletics
- Game “Guess the word”
- It is very popular with businessmen and professional people. It is played on open air. (Golf)
- It is very beautiful sport. It is a dance on the ice (figure-skating)
- It is race of horses (horse-racing)
- This kind of sport is very popular in winter. Usually it is for men. The players wear helmets (hockey)
- It is especially popular in high school. It can’s be played without basket (basketball)
- This kind of sport is for boys and girls. Marat Saphin is playing in it (tennis)
T: what reasons can you give for sport?
Cl: sport builds character it teaches to win and to lose it makes you strong, fast and patient it gives you a great fame
T: and what reasons can you give against sport?
Cl: it takes a lot of energy and time, sport needs only to work as result they have broken legs and arms and other injuries
T: now, let’s summarize all these statements and solve what is more useful for you
Cl: we decided that the reasons for sport have more advantages than the reasons against of sport. We should take part in sport competitions every day do morning exercises. They say that to have a healthy mind you must have a healthy body
Learners can either work as a team to answer questions or can pick some out individually from each team if they get a question right they get to move a line across and if they get 3 in a row they get to shoot to save the other team must get their question right.
Teacher draws up a pitch with 5 lines running across it for marking draw goals, puts the ‘ball’ in the middle and puts the children in 2 groups or teams.
Home task: write short story : “What your favourite sport? “
Our lesson is over. Thank you for your attention. See you soon